6 Cold/RSV Products For Baby
|This post contains affiliate links.|
I feel like this last “flu” season was one of the worst to date! It of course happen to be during the twins’ most fragile months (under 3 months of age) so to say I was on high alert was an understatement. Even so we still caught our fair share of germs including numerous colds and a bout of RSV that landed one of the twins’ in the hospital. I feel like I learned a lot these last few months so I feel compelled to share with you all the 6 cold/RSV products every mom needs for baby when they catch these dreaded germs! I am keeping this simple in hopes that if you ever need it, you can skip right to the basics!
- Bbluv Rino Battery Operated Nasal Aspirator – Lets talk snot! If you’ve had a sick baby you know how much of a relief it is to clear their boogery noses and see the instant relief it creates for them. When my baby boy was in the hospital with RSV they used a hospital grade aspirator and I kept joking that I needed to bring that thing home with me. It wasn’t shortly after that that I found this nasal aspirator and it was love at first suction (I’m a mom, come on!!) But seriously, it works so well and doesn’t seem to bother them one bit!
- Braun Digital No Touch Plus Forehead Thermometer : You guys! I have owned a ridiculous amount of thermometers and I hated them all UNTIL I found this one. Yes it is best for infants under a year to do rectal temps (which I love THIS thermometer for) I love having a forehead one for my older girls AND to just give me an idea if the babies really do feel warm while sleeping before I wake them up or go through the effort of taking their temp rectally. I also love this case for it because it keeps it safe when not in use.
- Nebulizer – Now hear me out here! I know these are typically meant for people who need to use this machine with medicine such as albuterol (which we do use it for with my 4 year old) but the beauty of this machine is that you can also use it with just plain saline! PLEASE talk to a medical professional before doing this with your child but mine suggested that we do saline treatments for the babies when they were super stuffy. It really worked wonders for them! This is the one we have HERE.
- Humidifier: Having one in the babies’ room on COOL mist was essential to helping them sleep through the congestion. It is always the first step when one of our little ones start to show signs of a cold! I can’t find our exact one we use (must be that old!) but this one looks similar!
- Saline Spray: I definitely prefer spray when it comes to saline as the drops (for me) are just harder to deal with when it comes to little babies. My boys always choked or wound up with it in their eyes when I tried the drops with them. I love THIS brand of saline spray.
- bblüv – Igrö Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer: One thing I always am concerned with when my babies are sick (and even when they’re not) is room temperature and this product is meant to show you at a glance if the room is the perfect temperature for your little ones.
Colds are inevitable but I hope these 6 products will help you make it through your next sickness with your little one!
PLEASE note/disclaimer – these are just tips that helped us and you should ALWAYS consult with YOUR pediatrician first!
Pin for later because we all know our babies will get sick one day! Enjoy!