Stockings are one of the best parts of Christmas morning, am I right? But if you’re like me, odds are you don’t like filling up your child’s stocking with random junk. This list of creative stocking stuffers for little kids is perfect if you want to pack your child’s stocking with items they will both use and love!
The Importance of Christmas Stockings
Stockings may just be my favorite thing about Christmas morning and no matter what your traditions are they usually revolve around the stockings being a group event! Growing up we always saved them for last so maybe because of that I have a “save the best for last” mentality when it comes to stuffing stockings. At the end of the day I let Santa fill up my kids’ stockings but it wouldn’t hurt to share some fun creative stocking stuffers for little kids with you all anyways! Hey, maybe even the big guy himself is reading (Hi, Santa!)
We have our fair share of candy and treats in our house but I don’t personally like finding candy in stockings (or at least an overkill of it) so here is what I have found that would be perfect for filling any stocking for a (good) boy or girl this Christmas! Because, you know the bad ones are getting coal! These would make some great stocking stuffer ideas for any little kid!
Why Choose These Creative Stocking Stuffers for Little Kids
I love open-ended and timeless gifts that really play on a child’s imagination so you will find a lot of crafts in our house which seems to be a trend here as well. All of these creative stocking stuffer ideas for little kids will last and keep on giving!
Awesome Creative Stocking Stuffers for Little Kids
- ZDough Scented Play Dough: I seriously wish you all could SMELL THESE through the computer….I’m not going to lie, these are getting opened way sooner than I anticipated because they are pure addictive. They smell like all things Christmas and I love them! They are festive in color and have “Merry Christmas” stamped on the top. I’m torn between not wanting to ruin their beauty and eager to dig in! These would so perfect for stockings and they’re something that your child can truly get creative with!
- Colour + Create Coloring Book: Sticking with the creative theme we love a good coloring book around here. As montessori kids my children are used to self-lead learning (meaning things that don’t require an adult to supervise) so these little coloring books offer fun and education that the child can interact with alone. Each page has a letter, an object that corresponds with it then an area to practice writing their own words that start with that letter. The repetition is key as is the pictures/example word too! All in all I really love having these types of coloring/work books available for my girls and they love them just as much!
- Montessori Cards + Counters: These are considered an intro to math in the montessori world but my girls just think they’re a fun game that they LOVE. These cards and counters allow the child to first place out all the wooden card numbers in order (learning number sequences) then it’s time to count! The red counters all represent “one unit” and allows the child to feel each unit as they count. At the end if there are any units left the child knows to go back and check their work!
- Cuddle + Kind: Every little one loves a good toy to cuddle but when you purchase from this brand you’re buying more than just a plush doll (which my children are beyond obsessed with). You’re also providing 10 meals to children in need with the purchase of just ONE plush! We have been LONG time fans of this brand and the love just keeps on growing. These make the perfect little addition to any stocking!
- Tech Gifts: Shopping for little ones is nice because you can get them stuff they need but present it in a way that they will love. These amazing headphones from Lil’ Gadgets are a MUST HAVE for kids but really it’s something every parent can appreciate (you know, not having to listen to Daniel Tiger on the iPad!) There are a couple options including these LilGadgets Untangled Pro
bluetooth headphones which is what I got here for the girls! I also got the LilGadgets Connect in black for the boys to use soon too! I am such a huge fan of this brand and the quality can’t be beat! Also check out the amazing LilGadgets CarBuddy Universal Headrest Tablet Mount to turn any smart device into a traveling TV!
I hope you loved these creative stocking stuffers for little kids and that they brought you some inspiration when it comes to stuffing stockings for your loved ones this holiday season! Enjoy!
For more Holiday gift ideas, check out these posts:
Follow more of our journey: