Shared Whimsical Girl Bedroom Reveal
| This post contains Affiliate Links|
I never intended for the girls to share a room. In fact, my plan was always for this room and the identical one next to it to be the girls’ own rooms. But as fate would have it we welcomed their twin brothers into our world and everything changed (for the best!) The girls have been sharing a room now for two years and they love it! I love the bond they share now that they’re together as well! From sweet sister whispers and giggles to all the memories made I know the greater plan was always for this right here! I am so excited to share with you our shared whimsical girl bedroom reveal in our new house!
Shared Girl Bedroom Video Reveal
See the whole process from start to end in this fun little bedroom reveal video on our YouTube channel! And please give a thumbs up and subscribe if you like what you see:
Girl Bedroom Ideas:
If you haven’t seen their previous rooms you can check them out here! We have had quite a few over the last few years between our first family home, to our temporary rental while we built this home and now of course our forever home!
- Johanna’s Montessori Floor Bed Bedroom
- Lola’s Whimsical Mermaid Bedroom
- Their first shared bedroom in our temporary rental home: Ultimate Fairytale Inspired Bedroom
Now on to THIS room! I had a very specific vision in my head and I will share some of that below!
Floral Feature Wall
When I thought about their room I knew I wanted to do a feature wall behind their bed. I love how calming flower picking is and I wanted to bring that into their bedroom in a way. My girls are always outside so this was the perfect theme for their feature wall! After I started looking, I found there were so many pretty prints out there. The one I loved most was the Bella style I found at Rocky Mountain Decal! The colors were perfect! This is removable as well so if they change their mind down the road it will be easy to switch out (although I also feel it will be a solid choice for years to come for them!)
Modern Canopy Beds For Girls
Another aspect of the room I knew I wanted to provide them was beds that they can grow with. I also wanted beds that will feel as homy as their previous House Frame Floor Beds (DIY Found here) did. These modern metal canopy beds from DHP Furniture did just that!! I was able to hang these beautiful sheer Lauren Conrad tie top curtains along the sides so if they want to pull them closed they can feel like they’re in their own space. We went with a full size bed as well (risking the space) but knowing these beds will likely take them through their teens and see them off to college (wait, now I need a minute to process that, ah!) Ok, I’m back! While we may be risking the space we do have a dedicated playroom downstairs for all their playing needs, which you can see HERE! We topped their beds with the Signature Sleep mattresses from DHP Furniture as well and they are super comfy.
Girl’s Room Design Details
The above details were definitely the major pieces needed to pull this room off. From there I was able to decorate using the beds and the wallpaper as a guide. I will share below some more fun aspects of the room as well as their sources!
- Beddy Beds Vintage Blush Bedding – These are SO GOOD for young kids as they are easy to zip up/make their own beds as well as secure on the mattresses.
- Heart Nightstand is the Canton End Table from Delta Children. I love how it has the space underneath for current books they’re reading as well as an extra pull out shelf for more space! It also comes in multiple colors so if pink isn’t your choice they have a color for you! I LOVE this nightstand so much! It was the perfect find for their room.
- Paper Mache Unicorn Head
- Dollhouse is from Melissa & Doug and I share the entire (easy peasey) DIY HERE
- NISSEDAL Mirrors are from IKEA – I wanted two so they each had their own but they also double as great dancing mirrors for interactive play
- Happy Home House Bookshelf
- Cuddle & Kind Dolls
- Throw pillows on window seat are from Little Moon Dance and Little Navy
- Name Signs – You can find similar ones from Feather & Birch as well as Love Made This (a few of my current favs!)
If there is anything else you want to know about their room PLEASE ask! And find me on social media for more! Enjoy!
Make sure you follow along on social media for more!